About Smart Glass Smart glass, also called as magic glass or switchable glass, is a unique kind of glass that can alter its light transmission properties. It is comprised of a special glass that can change the measure of light transmitted through it based on the voltage, heat, or light supplied. It may change to transparent or translucent according to the input voltage and subsequently, control the measure of light and heat passing through it. Smart glass is manufactured by laminating two or more glass or polycarbonate sheets. Smart glass is typically used as a part of doors, windows, partitions, and sky-facing windows in private and commercial buildings. It can be controlled manually as well as automatically. These glasses help in diminishing the expense of heating, ventilating, and lighting. Technavio's analysts forecast the global smart glass market to grow at a CAGR of 19.88% during the period 2016-2020. Covered in this report
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global smart glass market for 2016-2020. To calculate the market size, Technavio considers the revenue generated through sales of smart glass products for applications such as transportation, infrastructural development, and others (electronics applications and solar energy applications). The market is divided into the following segments based on geography:
• Americas • APAC • EMEA Technavio's report, Global Smart Glass Market 2016-2020, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the market landscape and its growth prospects over the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market. Key vendors
• AGC • Corning • DuPont • PPG • Saint-Gobain Other prominent vendors
• 3M • ASG • AutoGlass • Balco • BASF • Bayer • Cardinal Glass • Carlex • ChromoGenics • Citala • Domoticware • Dow Chemical • Garware Suncontrol • Gentex • Gesimat • GKN • GlasNovations • Glass Apps • Heliotrope • Hitachi • ICE AV • Innovative Glass • InvisiShade • Kinestral • LTI Smart Glass • NeoView Kolon • Nippon Sheet Glass • Pleotint • Polytronix • Pulp Studio • Ravenbrick • Scienstry • Sekisui Chemical • Smartglass • Solutia • SPD Control • Switch Materials • US e-Chromic • VELUX • View • Vision Systems • Xinology Market driver
• Increase in applications in the automotive sector • For a full, detailed list, view our report Market challenge
• Premium pricing • For a full, detailed list, view our report Market trend
• Rise in application in infrastructural development • For a full, detailed list, view our report Key questions answered in this report
• What will the market size be in 2020 and what will the growth rate be? • What are the key market trends? • What is driving this market? • What are the challenges to market growth? • Who are the key vendors in this market space? • What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors? • What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors? You can request one free hour of our analyst's time when you purchase this market report. Details are provided within the report.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
• Base Year • Market coverage • Market size calculation • Definitions • Geographical segmentation • Vendor segmentation • Common currency conversion rates
PART 03: Market research methodology
• Research methodology • Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
• Key market highlights • History of AR technology PART 05: AR technology life cycle PART 06: AR smart glasses value chain • Value chain PART 07: Summary of key figures • Summary of key figures PART 08: Market landscape • Market overview • Market size and forecast • Market analysis PART 09: Five forces analysis • Smart glasses PART 10: Market segmentation by end-user • Individual consumer • Enterprises PART 11: Geographical segmentation • Americas • EMEA • APAC PART 12: Market drivers • Growing awareness of AR technology • Increasing adoption of crowdfunding strategy • Proliferation of mobile AR apps • Increased developer interest • Incorporation of SLAM technology in AR PART 13: Impact of drivers PART 14: Market challenges • Technical limitations • Unattractive designs • Limited content in AR apps • High ASP of smart glasses • Low value addition • Stringent government regulations • Security and privacy issues PART 15: Impact of drivers and challenges PART 16: Market trends • Increase in M&A • Growing investment in AR technology for smart glasses • Strategic partnership among supply chain members • Emergence of depth-sensing cameras • Inclusion of smart glass in BYOD and COPE strategies PART 17: Vendor landscape • Competitive scenario
PART 18: Appendix
• List of abbreviations
PART 19: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
Exhibit 01: Market size calculation of the global smart glasses market for AR applications Exhibit 02: Key vendors in the global smart glasses market Exhibit 03: Currency exchange rates Exhibit 04: AR technology lifecycle Exhibit 05: Value chain of global smart glasses market for AR applications Exhibit 06: Global smart glasses market 2015-2020 (millions of units) Exhibit 07: ASP of smart glasses for AR applications 2014-2020 ($) Exhibit 08: Global smart glasses market 2015-2020 ($ billions) Exhibit 09: Global smart glasses market by end-user 2015-2020 (%) Exhibit 10: Global smart glasses market by geography 2015-2020 (%) Exhibit 11: Global smart glasses market 2015-2020 (millions of units) Exhibit 12: Global smart glasses market 2015-2020 ($ millions) Exhibit 13: Global smart glasses market by end-user 2015-2020 Exhibit 14: Global smart glasses market by geography 2015-2020 Exhibit 15: Smart glasses market for AR applications in the Americas 2015-2020 ($ billion) Exhibit 16: Smart glasses market for AR applications in EMEA 2015-2020 ($ billion) Exhibit 17: Smart glasses market for AR applications in APAC 2015-2020 ($ billion) Exhibit 18: Impact of drivers Exhibit 19: ASP of smart glasses 2015-2020 Exhibit 20: Impact of drivers and challenges Exhibit 21: Competitive scenario 2016-2020
Our library has over 100000 reports on 1000s of topics
Over 100+ Fortune 500 companies rely on us
90,000+ people come to us for insights every month
Toll Free: 1-888-928-9744
Email: [email protected]
Speak to the report author to design an exclusive study to serve your research needs.
A testimonial for service excellence represented in the form of BBB "A" Accreditation.
Your personal and confidential information is safe and secure.